Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: The Pirate Song

Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: The Pirate Song

Postby Dejanira » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: Lend me your ears

Here we are. Number 100 arrived at last. When all this started I didn't think I'd posted a Issue #100.

As an entree, lets suggest a song to listen to. For today we chose an old pirate song from 1975. On air on the best (yet only) Pirates Glory Radio, Radio Image Bermuda, performed by George "Pirate Bob" Harrison his The Pirate Song.
:arr :pirateflag

But, but, there's also the "Lend me your ears!" Contest!

The Lend me your ears Contest is set as this: the prize is
100 credits :gc: :gc: :gc:

split as 50-30-20 among the best three contestant.
:chest :chest :chest

It's very simple to join in. There are nine questions to answer.
Some of the questions are easy, and they're only worth a few points. Some are difficult (and one, I believe, is extra difficult) and they give more points.
There's no need to reply to all of them.
An exact answer will receive a Yes with the amount of points scored.
A wrong answer will only receive a No, but no further hints.
One partecipant cannot reply twice exept to question 9, which can be guessed multiple times and each time I'll post an hint more.

There's one week to reply. At the end of the week the player with the most points wins.
Guesses/answers will be accepted till next Tuesday midnight (in the night between June 9 and June 10, gametime).

But beware: don't post your reply here in forum. Send it in game via pm to me, Dejanira, and to Meliva (she accepted to be a judge to be sure no one would cheat, not even me). Thank you Mel.

Okay.
Here's the list of the quizzes:

:arrow: 1. What was the #50 contest about?
(1 point)

:arrow: 2. How many Issues Bermuda Daily had? (including any .5 Issue)
(2 points)

:arrow: 3. Did CJ ever post a comment and in what Issue?
(2 poins)

:arrow: 4. Which is the missing Issue?
(3 points)

:arrow: 5. Name two artists and/or songs that received a thumb down or a bad comment.
(3 points)

:arrow: 6. What is the Issue with the most number of proposed songs and why?
(4 points)

:arrow: 7. What is the most old proposed song or piece and what is the most recent?
(4 points)

:arrow: 8. Name at least three references to people or events of Pirates Glory.
(5-7 points, bonus point if the easter eggs were so well hidden that no one else named it)

:arrow: 9. What is my favorite album (not a song, must be the whole album)?
(7 points, for each guess I’ll post an hint. The first hint is: I never tell anyone and this artist has never be on air on Bermuda Daily)

The higher right answered question will break ties, if any.

Having been some days in preparation
A splendid time is guaranteed for all
And tonight there's the "Lend me your ears!" Contest!

:beer :beer :beer
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: the Pirate Song

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:11 pm

LOL. Hilarious.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Argo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:44 pm

hahah...good job Dejanira!
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 pm

<edited>

<sorry dman, don't post your answers in forum please, send a pm to me and/or Meliva>
<anyway I'll consider your answers valid, I can't tell the points in public before the end of the contest but your guess on number nine worths a further hint>

----------------------------

<edit again to repost the original text, with answers in red>

1. I didnt see a contest in 50 but in 51.5 there was one with a clue in the title and you were supposed to use it to guess the album you were thinking of

(ok, 1 point)

2. 105 unless double issues dont count and i think there was 3 of those which would make 102 in that case

(ok, +2 points, total 3)

3. yes in issue number 8 seems he liked cotton eye joe lol

(good, +2 points, total 5)

4. the missing issue was number #5

(nope)

5. in issue 7 giorgio by moroder and i guess in 50 with jim carrey but not sure the disappointment qualifies as a thumbs down since it was in relation to a missing artist someone would have liked to seen in the listing carried on in that issue

(I didn't read those two as a disappointment so... wrong)

6. 50 because it contained an index issued up to that issue

(good try but nope, as I meant actually suggested songs not just links)

7 no answer

8. left blank in hopes of the easter egg

9. 2pac all eyez on me lol because its not but ya gotta start somewhere

(nope, but that's the spirit)

lol i hope my entry encourages all you haters to go out and steal those credits from me because dejanira has been consistant with posting
and due to all the complaints of poor forum discussions you now have an opportunity to be positive and beat me as well as perusing some good music and return the favor for her work ... can a topic or issue get any better?

Thank you
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Dejanira » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Here's an hint on question number 9: it's not about Bee Gees :)

(not a big hint, but maybe someone might think they were)
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: The Pirate Song

Postby Dejanira » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Well here's another clue for you all
The walrus was Paul.

Here's another clue for number nine question: it's an album published before 2000.
:$
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:36 am

And here's another clue for question nine: it is an album by a band, not a solo artist (even if the band tied its story to mainly a single person, as it happens many times)

Extra clue: even if I keep repeating number nine, it has nothing to share with The Beatles vey peculiar piece based on the number nine
(but the Fab Four were out of the Contest for I stated that the answer is a band that never appeared in a previuos Issue, while The Beatles did).

Dejanira

Postby Axy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:49 am

Congrats o the #100!

I have no idea on any of those question! I remember once thinking: "isn't there missing one #?" But I just can't remember which! It was like a year or two ago! :D

Anyway, nice contest! :arr
Axy

Postby Dejanira » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:54 am

Axy wrote:Congrats o the #100!

I have no idea on any of those question! I remember once thinking: "isn't there missing one #?" But I just can't remember which! It was like a year or two ago! :D

Anyway, nice contest! :arr

Hello Axy, try your luck :) Many of the questions can be answered by info-digging the forum. I guess the only one really difficult is the last one, I admit, but I'm giving clues :)

:beer :beer :beer
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:39 am

Today's clue about question nine: the album name is not exactly the same as the band name, but reminds it.
Dejanira

Next

Return to Bermuda Daily