Bermuda Daily - Issue #68: a few things I had in mind

Bermuda Daily - Issue #68: a few things I had in mind

Postby Dejanira » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Bermuda Daily - Issue #68: a few things

This Issue being number 68, the first song summoned to my mind is Summer '68 by Pink Floyd (already mentioned in Issue #54). This song by Rick Wright was included in their 1970 progressive album Atom Heart Mother, recorded at Abbey Road (the so called Beatles studios, cfr. Issues #6 and #64), with Alan Parsons as audio engineer (cfr. Issue #37).

Then I thought... last time (Issue #67) I wrote a few things about Monty Python and, well, Eric Idle is a musician as well. What better moment to include a song from his ones? Maybe the most famous Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
So, by suggesting two songs like these, this Issue sure is kind of messy.
But if life is quite absurd, and death's the final word so one can be messy.

Today on air on Radio Image Bermuda there're Summer '68, and Always Look on the Bight Side of Life.

What's the link between the two? Ehmmm, well they're both from British artists, they're both from the '70, and... there must be more.

Good listening. Next Issue: girls.
:)
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #68: a few things I had in mind

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Wow.. so many links... Monty Pythons first film (Holy Grail) was partly funded by Pink Floyd, along with Elton John and the Rolling Stones! Alan Parsons was the Abbey Road engineer who, apart from his own band, engineered Dark Side of the Moon and Abbey Road for the Beatles. John Cleese contributed to a Parsons Project album. George Harrison was a good friend of Eric Idle.. he also helped fund Life of Brian when the mainstream backers pulled out just as filming was due to start. Eric Idle did a spoof documentary based on the Beatles called The Rutles. The songs in it sound more like the Beatlles than they do. So much so that the then Beatles publishers sued Neil Innes (who wrote them) and he had to credit Lennon/ McCartney as co-writers... ad my favorite bit of Floyd/Beatles folklore : Paul McCartney contribution got cut from Dark Side of the Moon cos they thought he didnt sound right...
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #68: a few things I had in mind

Postby Dejanira » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:04 am

Danik :o:
<3 <3 <3 :$

:beer
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Return to Bermuda Daily