Bermuda Daily - Issue #47: ...and with Russia

Postby Dejanira » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:24 pm

There's a long tradition of using non lexical vocalisms in singing. From the simplest da-da-da to the very artistic use of scattered words in jazz or in blues (like Cab Calloway, or like Scatman John, cfr. Issue #39) or even to the yodelisms used in Alps music or some Irish music or some Native American music.
In Soviet Union this tradition had a peak.

Today Issue is about Eduard Khil, the baritone singer that recorded in 1976 a song where the human voice was the main instrument, an instrument superior to any other. The song became quickly very famous in USSR, and overseas and worldwide when it became a meme. I guess very few know the origins of the so-called Trololol song, which exists and it's not named like that at all.

Radio Image Bermuda presents today the song named Я о́чень рад, ведь я, наконе́ц, возвраща́юсь домо́й (that is Ya ochen rad, ved ya, nakonets, vozvrashchajus domoy).
The original, not one of the many parodies. With the original voice of Eduard Khil.

Enjoy the listening and see you tomorrow.
:)
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #47: ...and with Russia

Postby Sebena » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Since we are in russia I'd like to add Polina Gagarina and her song Lullaby

https://youtu.be/Z-lLBKxaPS8
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Dejanira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

More, more! :)
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Sebena » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KairmsARpyo

Here is another popular/famouse russian song named Podmoskovnye Vechera or Moscow nights.

Fun fact:

orginally it was named Leningrad Nights.

It became famouse abroad thanks to the American pianist Van Cliburn (1934 - 2013)
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Dejanira » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:35 am

Not a Russian song, I add this one by an Italian artist.
The song belongs to an album of 1980 and it's named after the Nevskij Prospect in San Petersburg (Leningrad from 1924 to 1991).

Prospettiva Nevsky by Franco Battiato.
Dejanira

Postby Sebena » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:57 am

I like it even though I don't understand it. I guess this poor old Wolfie will need to work on his Italian game :y ^^
Sebena

Postby Kangaroo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Australia represents
Some people are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when you push them down the stairs
Kangaroo

Postby Dejanira » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I add Paul singing Back in the USSR in a concert in Kiev. Not the best quality nor the best execution but still strong.
:)

P.S. Thank you Kangaroo you showed me these tags :)
Dejanira

Return to Bermuda Daily