Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Captain Jack » Fri May 11, 2018 9:02 pm

DezNutz wrote:Need a better way to track income and expenses of gold coin in/on hand. Basically a transaction log for the gold in/on hand (purse).

That's a nightmare to accomplish. Although over the years we have improved it at many ways. The problem is that there are a lot of incoming/outgoing places. Loans, Bank Accounts, Credits Exchange, National Coffers, a series of holes and hand. Plus a whole lot of vendors/spenders such as market, each fleet, upgrades, repairs, hirings, etc. It's a nightmare.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Admiral Nelson » Fri May 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Any form of event logging, is somewhat a nightmare. lol
Admiral Nelson

Postby DezNutz » Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Captain Jack wrote:
DezNutz wrote:Need a better way to track income and expenses of gold coin in/on hand. Basically a transaction log for the gold in/on hand (purse).

That's a nightmare to accomplish. Although over the years we have improved it at many ways. The problem is that there are a lot of incoming/outgoing places. Loans, Bank Accounts, Credits Exchange, National Coffers, a series of holes and hand. Plus a whole lot of vendors/spenders such as market, each fleet, upgrades, repairs, hirings, etc. It's a nightmare.

I completely understand the magnitude and the nightmare of doing so, but could it be implemented it in sets or phases, not necessarily all at once. Like subset/tab the log into different transaction types. For instance a subset/tab would be skirmishes, plunder, banks, warehouse, etc.

For Example: In each log type, it would list, date/time, transaction type, pre-transaction GC amount, the transaction amount, then post transaction amount. If the transaction has a report associated, such as a battle, it would link on the transaction amount. Otherwise it would be just text.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Captain Jack » Fri May 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Still,it's afar from a mini request. I am not sure it would worth to do this either. If you compare the magnitude versus the actual usage. If you also put in that we don't actually want to be so focused around gc, then it probably isn't worth it.

While we are at it, we have a meter that counts gold spent. However, this does not include ALL gold spend. But it should be the majority of it. Here is the top 20 list. I skipped the numbers part as it is a bit intimidating. Ordered by most to least.

Jim Hawkins
Captain Da Vinci
Sir Henry Morgan
Captain Dungeness
Lodswe
Rothschild
Black Sparrow
PhoenixKnight
RedJack02
"Evil" Kart
damn the torpedos
trixikilikili
william one eye
Stan Rogers
Dread Danik
Graythorn
Cutpurse
Shadowood
Dozer White Beard
Lockreed
Sir Edward Pellew
Mohammed
Redbard
VegaPunk
Xanadu
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Sebena » Fri May 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Captain Jack wrote:Still,it's afar from a mini request. I am not sure it would worth to do this either. If you compare the magnitude versus the actual usage. If you also put in that we don't actually want to be so focused around gc, then it probably isn't worth it.

While we are at it, we have a meter that counts gold spent. However, this does not include ALL gold spend. But it should be the majority of it. Here is the top 20 list. I skipped the numbers part as it is a bit intimidating. Ordered by most to least.

Jim Hawkins
Captain Da Vinci
Sir Henry Morgan
Captain Dungeness
Lodswe
Rothschild
Black Sparrow
PhoenixKnight
RedJack02
"Evil" Kart
damn the torpedos
trixikilikili
william one eye
Stan Rogers
Dread Danik
Graythorn
Cutpurse
Shadowood
Dozer White Beard
Lockreed
Sir Edward Pellew
Mohammed
Redbard
VegaPunk
Xanadu

With this I sense huge spending spree from CDV
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Black sparrow » Fri May 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:Still,it's afar from a mini request. I am not sure it would worth to do this either. If you compare the magnitude versus the actual usage. If you also put in that we don't actually want to be so focused around gc, then it probably isn't worth it.

Jim Hawkins
Captain Da Vinci
Sir Henry Morgan
Captain Dungeness
Lodswe
Rothschild
Black Sparrow
PhoenixKnight
RedJack02
"Evil" Kart
damn the torpedos
trixikilikili
william one eye
Stan Rogers
Dread Danik
Graythorn
Cutpurse
Shadowood
Dozer White Beard
Lockreed
Sir Edward Pellew
Mohammed
Redbard
VegaPunk
Xanadu

With this I sense huge spending spree from CDV

The mountain is first!
Black sparrow

Postby PhoenixKnight » Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I am only number 8! Guess I need to up my expenditures!
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Admiral Nelson » Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:I am only number 8! Guess I need to up my expenditures!

I can sell you a quick get rich scheme! For only 150,000,000 gold coins!
Admiral Nelson

Postby DezNutz » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Jim Hawkins
Captain Da Vinci
Sir Henry Morgan
Captain Dungeness
Lodswe
Rothschild
Black Sparrow
PhoenixKnight
RedJack02
"Evil" Kart
damn the torpedos
trixikilikili
william one eye
Stan Rogers
Dread Danik
Graythorn
Cutpurse
Shadowood
Dozer White Beard
Lockreed
Sir Edward Pellew
Mohammed
Redbard
VegaPunk
Xanadu

Ok so it isn't exactly a mini request.

Is that all time gold expenditure or within a given period? The log wouldn't need to cover forever, maybe just the last 7 days (MAX), preferable last 3.

DezNutz

Postby DezNutz » Sun May 13, 2018 12:19 am

So onto something entirely different. Can we increase the message size on the Guild Discussion Page?

DezNutz

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions