Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 pm

commodore sucks :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Charles Vane » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:commodore sucks :D

I disagree.. It's a reasonable and realistic request. Colonel is not a naval rank. I would even like to see Major changed.
Charles Vane

Postby Jack Teach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Charles Vane wrote:
Dmanwuzhere wrote:commodore sucks :D

I disagree.. It's a reasonable and realistic request. Colonel is not a naval rank. I would even like to see Major changed.

But what would major be changed too?
Jack Teach

Postby Charles Vane » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Major Should become Captain, and Captain should be changed to either Midshipman or Lieutenant
Charles Vane

Postby Meliva » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I mean we could change commander to rear admiral, and change major to commodore, or we could change captain to commander, and major to captain. But honestly I think its fine as is. The game doesn't need to be totally realistic.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Jack Teach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Meliva wrote:I mean we could change commander to rear admiral, and change major to commodore, or we could change captain to commander, and major to captain. But honestly I think its fine as is. The game doesn't need to be totally realistic.

Yeah, but major and colonel are a landsmen's ranks, it makes far more sense to use ACTUAL naval ranks, rather than those of landsmen.
Jack Teach

Postby DezNutz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Jack Roberts wrote:
Meliva wrote:I mean we could change commander to rear admiral, and change major to commodore, or we could change captain to commander, and major to captain. But honestly I think its fine as is. The game doesn't need to be totally realistic.

Yeah, but major and colonel are a landsmen's ranks, it makes far more sense to use ACTUAL naval ranks, rather than those of landsmen.

That isn't entirely true. Marines (also known as Naval Infantry) use the ranks of Major and Colonel.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Meliva » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 pm

and that reminds me, I think land battles is something that's planned for, so using marine ranks makes sense.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Jack Teach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Jack Roberts wrote:

That isn't entirely true. Marines (also known as Naval Infantry) use the ranks of Major and Colonel.

You're right, but it doesn't work for anyone with command of ships.
Jack Teach

Postby D00T » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Jack Roberts wrote:
DezNutz wrote:
Jack Roberts wrote:Yeah, but major and colonel are a landsmen's ranks, it makes far more sense to use ACTUAL naval ranks, rather than those of landsmen.

You're right, but it doesn't work for anyone with command of ships.

So I think it could be placed like this
Lieutenant, Commander, Captain, Admiral.
God is dead. Long live the machine.
D00T

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions