Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Shadowood » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 am

Charles Vane wrote:Going through the different ship base speeds, i'd think a large frigate (commonly a heavier hunting version of a frigate) would be more agile and faster than a Ship of the Line (a water fortress of sorts).

I'd like to request a change in either increasing the Large Frigates base speed, decreasing the sotl speed, or a combination of both. Could even just switch the two. This would be much more realistic.

I 100% agree with this assessment. It would put the SOTL just slightly faster than a Man of War for speed. Again, bigger ship, not as fast.

1 argument would be the amount of sails on the larger ships, but I believe Vane is right.
Current: ---------- Purposed:
Cutter ---------- Cutter
SoW---------- SoW
Frig ---------- Frig
SOTL ---------- LF
LF ----------SOTL
MOW---------- MOW

It really makes sense to do this. I would recommend just swapping their current speeds.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Shadowood » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 am

Wolfie wrote:I disagree because if SotL was to become slower or LF become faster it would cause too much unbalance unless we would get option to board the ship or we get weather effects because if either scenario occures Fleet of LFs would be able to wipe out fleet of SotLs.in curnent mechanic with their base speed changed with right stacking of att points Lf would dominate SotLs with an ease

If you know the true speed for each ship, you will realize this isn't that big of a change, and it wouldn't effect the out come of a 45 att LF vs. a 45 att SOTL. The SOTL would still out gun the LF.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Sebena » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 am

Shadowood wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I disagree because if SotL was to become slower or LF become faster it would cause too much unbalance unless we would get option to board the ship or we get weather effects because if either scenario occures Fleet of LFs would be able to wipe out fleet of SotLs.in curnent mechanic with their base speed changed with right stacking of att points Lf would dominate SotLs with an ease

If you know the true speed for each ship, you will realize this isn't that big of a change, and it wouldn't effect the out come of a 45 att LF vs. a 45 att SOTL. The SOTL would still out gun the LF.

Maybe if they are equally stacked but like I said with right set up 45 LF would destroy 45 SotL unless techs played roles but basic 1 v 1 without techs if any speed is changed lroperly stacked 45 Lf would destroy 45 SotL I am 100% sure because before the techs I was beating SotL 42 points with my 42 point LF
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Shadowood » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am

Wolfie wrote:Maybe if they are equally stacked but like I said with right set up 45 LF would destroy 45 SotL unless techs played roles but basic 1 v 1 without techs if any speed is changed lroperly stacked 45 Lf would destroy 45 SotL I am 100% sure because before the techs I was beating SotL 42 points with my 42 point LF

Then your opponents set up sucked. All im saying is, if you take the same set ups (lets just take two 60 atts to avoid confusion here), the SOTL will still beat the LF, simply due to the 26 more guns and 480 more HP's. Even if the LF fires first.

I won't post the actual speeds but it is only 4 points difference.

LF - 100
SOTL - 104

Vane is asking that this happen
LF - 104
SOTL -100

Makes perfect sense to me. Not a game breaker by any means.
(again the above speeds are not the true speeds)
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Charles Vane » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 am

Then your opponet stacked poorly and deserved the loss.

With the difference in nearly 400 hp, and the speed difference, evenely matched lf vs sotl the lf loses.

(Evenly meaning atts stacked the same)

If one stacks poorly they should lose, the way it is now, a poorly stacked frigate can lose to a bow.
Charles Vane

Postby Sebena » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 am

His set up was actually decent but mine was better. Then lets agree that we disagree I see it as a too much change that would actually destroy ship in curnent battle mechanic but with right battle mechanic it would make sense. With curnent it would reduce SotL to slightly bigger howker
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Shadowood » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 am

Wolfie wrote:With curnent it would reduce SotL to slightly bigger howker

:D :D :D :D

You are right. We do disagree. Again the 4 point speed difference is not that big of deal really. Do your math, find the ships true speeds and you will see what I mean.
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby DezNutz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Can you add a page option to the Global Events/Comments on the Tavern page like you did the with latest Forum Topics.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby OG Deadking » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:01 pm

can you add influence milestone that is like the fame milestone, so when you reach certain influence level you get achievement.
very optimistic person, and very complex person
OG Deadking

Postby Jack Teach » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Can we change colonel to commodore? Colonel isn't usually a naval rank.
Jack Teach

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions