Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby not a pirate » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Strife wrote:Suggestion: Whenever viewing the most recent/active posts in a Guild or Nation, whenever it indicates who posted last and when, it should be updated by any edits. (i.e. if Pirate Roberts posts something saying "Wow I like cheese!" 5 days ago, but then edits his message today saying, "Wow I LOVE cheese," it would say the last post was today rather than 5 days ago.) or keep the last post in-tact and have a new line of text saying "last edited- _______"

It already does the latter.

It doesn't. When I update a spy network thread, it still says the thread was updated on the last actual new post. Not the update on it.
not a pirate

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Strife wrote:
DezNutz wrote:
Strife wrote:Suggestion: Whenever viewing the most recent/active posts in a Guild or Nation, whenever it indicates who posted last and when, it should be updated by any edits. (i.e. if Pirate Roberts posts something saying "Wow I like cheese!" 5 days ago, but then edits his message today saying, "Wow I LOVE cheese," it would say the last post was today rather than 5 days ago.) or keep the last post in-tact and have a new line of text saying "last edited- _______"

It already does the latter.

It doesn't. When I update a spy network thread, it still says the thread was updated on the last actual new post. Not the update on it.

I think I understand what you are saying. Your looking at the topic's last post details, not the individual posts update time. That should reflect the last activity to the topic whether it be a post or an edit.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby not a pirate » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Like. If I am the most recent poster in a guild thread, as in I made a completely new post to the thread, it updates it with "Last post by Strife, x time ago." However, if I UPDATE that post again, perhaps with important information pertaining to the "newest post" that I just posted, the edit won't show that something was changed. I think it should, so it is easier to communicate that something was updated rather than someone going to post a new message and seeing, "Oh, he edited it after I read the original message."
not a pirate

Postby Dejanira » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am

In Captain's Log: could a link to Demographics page be added?
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Kangaroo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

Strife wrote:Like. If I am the most recent poster in a guild thread, as in I made a completely new post to the thread, it updates it with "Last post by Strife, x time ago." However, if I UPDATE that post again, perhaps with important information pertaining to the "newest post" that I just posted, the edit won't show that something was changed. I think it should, so it is easier to communicate that something was updated rather than someone going to post a new message and seeing, "Oh, he edited it after I read the original message."

I moderate 2 very heavily populated forums, what you are asking for is not standard at all.
An edited post should correct spelling or grammatical errors.

If you want to post something "important" it should be in a new post, potentially quoting the original if it's your reference.
Some people are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when you push them down the stairs
Kangaroo

Postby not a pirate » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Well, is a 4 man guild "very heavily populated"?
not a pirate

Postby PFH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Strife wrote:Well, is a 4 man guild "very heavily populated"?

Depends on how much of hard-heads they are :D
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Jack Teach » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:
Strife wrote:Well, is a 4 man guild "very heavily populated"?

Depends on how much of hard-heads they are :D

forums are beginning to speak again, Hurrah!
Jack Teach

Postby Stan Rogers » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Ability to create Groups in your Inbox to mass mail PM's to those placed in your Group(s).
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby PFH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Is everything in the cred market supposed to be green now on the transactions list?

+1 to your idea, Stan.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions