Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Shadowood » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Charles Vane wrote:I would like to see more of a restriction on the voodoo market.

Currently you can fill the pages with as many auctions as you like. 20 - 30 pages or more (some do).

The ship market even limits the open auctions you can have.

For the voodoo market, 20-25 auctions running at one time should be the max for any one player. This stops people hiding cards on the market, and may get rid of some of these ridiculous prices.

+1

I will say that a player has to purchase more slots for ships market. Perhaps this could be an extra small credit sinker that admin was looking for before. IDK but do agree there should be some limits.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:55 pm

I'd tend to agree with the above : I have been a major voodoo market trader but even at my peak rarely reached more than 10 pages of sales : That's roughly 3 sets of an example of every card available : to reach 20 pages would take multiple daily sales of each card : after all, thats 800 seperate offers and we only have 90-odd different cards. I've never pushed the anti-spamming mechanism but noted it kicked in at around 5 sales of a specific card per day... somewhere around there. So, currently, its legit to put about 1400 unique offers up for sale (spread over 3 days) and that's 70 pages : in the past, that was pretty impractical as each had to be entered manually but with the 'renew auction' feature (which I like very much) its possible to keep such high numbers of offer in play with minimal effort.

So, as said, I tend to agree its got a bit silly : I'd have no problem abiding by a hard cap on the number of offers/bids you can have in the voodoo market at any one time, akin to the ship market : this would encourage realistic offers of cards in demand : for the trader, its turnover of sales that matter more than leaving masses of cards in auction limbo.

That any such hard cap might frustrate the market manipulators or disrupt the secret stashers is, well, to be honest, a good thing in itself.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby PFH » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Add an Instant button to port gossip page for skirmishes. Always has an option to remember, but defeats the purpose with no instant hit like you can in the plunder-boards.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby William one eye » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:10 pm

In Guild - mindbar / counter curse / open - status indicator

would be very useful to have a status indicator - shown in in-guild memberlist
a good location would be next to gold on hand
just a colored dot indication would be fine

green for open
yellow for countercurse
orange for mindbar
red for mindbar / countercurse cast by another player - this is a bit redundant with curses affecting your guild mates,
but it is only an indicator - if you need to know what is on them and from who, you would still need to check curses affecting
your guild mates list.

I would suggest guild master should be able to toggle this on or off
and be able to choose at what power level this indicator can be viewed at.
William one eye

Postby Admiral Nelson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:23 pm

William one eye wrote:In Guild - mindbar / counter curse / open - status indicator

green for open
yellow for countercurse
orange for mindbar
red for mindbar / countercurse cast by another player - this is a bit redundant with curses affecting your guild mates,
but it is only an indicator - if you need to know what is on them and from who, you would still need to check curses affecting
your guild mates list.

Admiral Nelson

Postby DezNutz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:42 pm

John Avery wrote:
William one eye wrote:In Guild - mindbar / counter curse / open - status indicator

green for open
yellow for countercurse
orange for mindbar
your guild mates list.

Too complex, a simpler way would be to have the "voodoo effecting other guild members" just show any voodoo effecting guild members regardless of who cast it. Then tie in the guild rank/power to allow or deny guild members the ability to see voodoo cast on oneself.

I however understand the likely reasoning for not allowing to see self casts.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby William one eye » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:45 pm

DezNutz wrote:
John Avery wrote:

green for open
yellow for countercurse
orange for mindbar
your guild mates list.

Too complex, a simpler way would be to have the "voodoo effecting other guild members" just show any voodoo effecting guild members regardless of who cast it. Then tie in the guild rank/power to allow or deny guild members the ability to see voodoo cast on oneself.

How is that less complex than a colored dot ? I my guild I might have to sort past 60 incoming on the raiding members to see if I can cast on one of our more peaceful members.

"I however understand the likely reasoning for not allowing to see self casts."
- thanks for the addition
showing all would be cluttering and also sometimes not in a players best interest.
William one eye

Postby Admiral Nelson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm

It would make defending in wars a lot easier. Which is bad, as war should be a last resort for 'people' as war has to be costly. A guild like yours, HELM, AYES etc would be able to hold each other up for months with this - Without this, mistakes may be made. Leading to a loss.
Admiral Nelson

Postby William one eye » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 pm

John Avery wrote:It would make defending in wars a lot easier. Which is bad, as war should be a last resort for 'people' as war has to be costly. A guild like yours, HELM, AYES etc would be able to hold each other up for months with this - Without this, mistakes may be made. Leading to a loss.

My intended purpose is to keep members from wasting voodoo on each other or clearing counters.
I see your point there, although that strength would rely on members checking memberlist for status constantly.
So it would depend on how committed your guild mates were, how active they were, and how willing the were to respond to need.
I agree it would definitely make some guilds much better protected.
William one eye

Postby Admiral Nelson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 pm

William one eye wrote:
My intended purpose is to keep members from wasting voodoo on each other or clearing counters.
I see your point there, although that strength would rely on members checking memberlist for status constantly.
So it would depend on how committed your guild mates were, how active they were, and how willing the were to respond to need.
I agree it would definitely make some guilds much better protected.

Yes I do know your purpose however I believe guilds already have enough help with the battle notifications - Preventing people from loosing ships, if your guild is active. Then theres voodoo affecting guildmates on guild discussion - Much easier then it use to be, I am sure some old folk would agree with me :)

I would of thought, in your guild these mistakes don't happen though; no?
Admiral Nelson

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions