Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 am

DezNutz wrote:
Captain Savage wrote:Option to see time in local as in game clock displays time in chosen time zone and not some European stuff

The server is set to GMT. It is the base time for all other timezones. All you need to know is your timezone's correlated GMT +/- to find your time.

Its not called that anymore, well, not for 'international' type stuff like air traffic control, maritime needs, military, banking, logistics, internet, etc : Its now called Universal Time Code (UTC) and thus allows allows a common time for records, transactions and schedules regardless of time-zone or local summer-time, etc, etc...
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Brazzler » Thu May 11, 2017 7:52 am

Danik wrote:
DezNutz wrote:
Captain Savage wrote:Option to see time in local as in game clock displays time in chosen time zone and not some European stuff

The server is set to GMT. It is the base time for all other timezones. All you need to know is your timezone's correlated GMT +/- to find your time.

Its not called that anymore, well, not for 'international' type stuff like air traffic control, maritime needs, military, banking, logistics, internet, etc : Its now called Universal Time Code (UTC) and thus allows allows a common time for records, transactions and schedules regardless of time-zone or local summer-time, etc, etc...

We will still know it as GMT because it isn't politically correct like everything needs to be these days. Just like BC.
If you didn't want your ass shot off, you shouldn't have stuck it out so far.
Brazzler

Postby DezNutz » Thu May 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Danik wrote:
DezNutz wrote:

I setup and maintain servers and database applications for a living. GMT is a timezone. Timezone around the world are identified as an offset of GMT. UTC is not a timezone, it is a time standard. GMT and UTC share the same time. The server's local time is displayed in GMT. So when determining the time in your timezone you use GMT and its offset.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu May 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Kinda wondering why the acronym UTC was coined when it is exactly the same as GMT which has been around for decades and worked quite well IMO. I guess in our post analogue world, a 'digital' equivalent was thought needed to avoid confusion.

I met a player here once who had no idea what time zone they lived in. That gob-smacked me to say the least and thought if this game was for intelligent people, what's this guy doing here.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby DezNutz » Thu May 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:Kinda wondering why the acronym UTC was coined when it is exactly the same as GMT which has been around for decades and worked quite well IMO. I guess in our post analogue world, a 'digital' equivalent was thought needed to avoid confusion.

I met a player here once who had no idea what time zone they lived in. That gob-smacked me to say the least and thought if this game was for intelligent people, what's this guy doing here.

UTC was done because it was significantly more accurate as it used Atomic Clocks. GMT is accurate, but not accurate enough for complex time calculations. UTC however does not have timezones nor incorporates daylight savings functions, which is why its predecessor (GMT) is still used.

DezNutz

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu May 11, 2017 2:29 pm

It has been suggested that GMT was re-named UTC (for international timekeeping purposes) so as not to upset the French who, naturally, preferred the system which had Paris as the center of the world and not London. Maybe the world was not ready yet for metric time : 100seconds to the minute : 100 minutes to the hour : 10 hours to the day : and so on...
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby PhoenixKnight » Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Can we get a page for Warehouses summary across all ports?
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Mugiwara » Sat May 13, 2017 11:29 pm

when inviting players to a chatroom it shows too much unnecessary players on that list. 3-4 months ago someone joined the guild and quit to play and kicked from guild still his name on that list. is it possible to add delete button to that page?
Mugiwara

Postby DezNutz » Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Mugiwara wrote:when inviting players to a chatroom it shows too much unnecessary players on that list. 3-4 months ago someone joined the guild and quit to play and kicked from guild still his name on that list. is it possible to add delete button to that page?

On the bottom bar next to Chatroom and Guild, there is a pirate face icon for your "FriendList". You can remove the players from there.

What needs to be done is the chatroom should just have a search option like when sending a PM.

DezNutz

Postby Mugiwara » Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Mugiwara wrote:when inviting players to a chatroom it shows too much unnecessary players on that list. 3-4 months ago someone joined the guild and quit to play and kicked from guild still his name on that list. is it possible to add delete button to that page?

On the bottom bar next to Chatroom and Guild, there is a pirate face icon for your "FriendList". You can remove the players from there.

What needs to be done is the chatroom should just have a search option like when sending a PM.

im removing constantly from that list. but still a lot of players not in my friendlist and 2-3 months passed when i removed them seen on invite page.
Mugiwara

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions