Cancellation of Ship Sale

Old Discussion topics

Re: Cancellation of Ship Sale

Postby Jolly Dodger » Thu May 19, 2016 10:44 am

Guluere - your option makes sense to me, in so much as say you have a ship on auction for a while and its not selling, after a arbitary length of time say 7 days you get the option to sell to the shipwright. this would have solved my problem.
Jolly Dodger

Postby Grimrock Litless » Thu May 19, 2016 10:50 am

A number of people say 15 to 30 days of waiting is the right amount, 7 days is too short, 50 days is too long.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Grimrock Litless » Thu May 19, 2016 10:53 am

Haron wrote:Actually, even as it is today, the ship market can easily be abused by two players cooperating. If both players put up a MoW for overprice, they can buy it from each other if they ever need to release it. The drawbacks are the delay and the need to have lots of credit on hand, but still..

If that is found out, it is counted as breaking the rules.
Which i THINK the ship is removed if you do so.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 11:30 am

Yeah, such abuse is a violation and will be punished if found out, I agree.

I like the idea of an option to sell a ship from the market to the shipwright. It will be a way to get rid of a ship no-one wants to buy.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Captain Jack » Thu May 19, 2016 11:55 am

Meliva wrote:ok I just had a new idea. when you put a ship on the market and it doesn't sell you can choose to sell to shipwright for standard amount. that way you cant store ships there, but if a ship you put on the market isn't selling and you want to get something out of it you can do that.

We could do this indeed. For a greater discount though as we do want to support the ships market in every way possible.
It is true though, that if credits value was smaller (or if we had division of a credit in ship market) the problem would be smaller.

Another solution, could be to give a price increase to all ships.

Another solution, would be to allow ships of small value (below 50K) to be removed any time as this is where the problem is mainly observed.
Although, to be frank it is not much of an issue and you can still ask one of your friends to buy this cheap ship (value under 50k again) that is stuck there; no one will prosecute you for this.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Re: Cancellation of ship Auction

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah, the credit is to "big". We need something like "credit cents". Or just a translation of 1 credit to 100 "new" credits.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Sir Colchian Niveus » Thu May 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Captain Jack wrote:
Meliva wrote:ok I just had a new idea. when you put a ship on the market and it doesn't sell you can choose to sell to shipwright for standard amount. that way you cant store ships there, but if a ship you put on the market isn't selling and you want to get something out of it you can do that.

We could do this indeed. For a greater discount though as we do want to support the ships market in every way possible.
It is true though, that if credits value was smaller (or if we had division of a credit in ship market) the problem would be smaller.

Another solution, could be to give a price increase to all ships.

Another solution, would be to allow ships of small value (below 50K) to be removed any time as this is where the problem is mainly observed.
Although, to be frank it is not much of an issue and you can still ask one of your friends to buy this cheap ship (value under 50k again) that is stuck there; no one will prosecute you for this.

I would like to ask if its possible to be able to cansel everything until Brig. Maybe we could desine a path for ship builders also.. it could be an addition like pirates, privateers, traders, builders. Maybe prices should be increased and desine a path throw academy maybe?

That would bring a lot of plot into the game.
I'm here to listen, everybodys beliefs. What i'm expressing, is only my opinion. The name "Dragon" comes from the Greek "drakeîn" meaning "to see clearly".

Sir Colchian Niveus, first of his kind. The White Dragon, Lord.
Sir Colchian Niveus

Postby Sir Colchian Niveus » Thu May 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I ll add a proposition tommorow.
I'm here to listen, everybodys beliefs. What i'm expressing, is only my opinion. The name "Dragon" comes from the Greek "drakeîn" meaning "to see clearly".

Sir Colchian Niveus, first of his kind. The White Dragon, Lord.
Sir Colchian Niveus

Postby Bigtea47 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Probably the simplest solution would be to allow people cancel it at any time as long as are no bids. But any ships put on market are still in the port you had them. They just cant be controlled.
Instead of bringing something down, add to it to make it better.
Bigtea47
Mechanics Researcher

Postby John jacob astor » Fri May 20, 2016 12:32 am

Bigtea47 wrote:Probably the simplest solution would be to allow people cancel it at any time as long as are no bids. But any ships put on market are still in the port you had them. They just cant be controlled.

the problem with that is cheating. say i want to just store my SotL for a while. I put it on the market for an extremely high amount(one that nobody would ever buy it for). it sits there out of any harms way. no attacks, no skirmishes, no voodoo. if i can cancel the auction whenever, i can retrieve the ship whenever i need to use it and store it whenever i want. buy extra slots for the market and all of a sudden you can store all of your fleets to keep them out of harms way for as long as you want. it renders not only private marina useless, but other functions like voodoo are then suddenly much less effective
John jacob astor

PreviousNext

Return to Archives