Cancellation of Ship Sale

Old Discussion topics

Re: Cancellation of Ship Sale

Postby Sir Colchian Niveus » Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 am

Meliva wrote:well I think a simple way to implement it is to have timers and rules.. for example, once you put a ship on the market, you cannot remove the ship for a minimum of 3 days. if you remove it from the market, it cannot be added back to the market for another 3 days. and as a final precaution, a ship cannot be entered into the market any more then 3 times. so even if you tried to use it as a private marina, you could only do it 3 times per ship, and the timers would also be annoying. and any players caught doing this repeatedly would be given a warning.

I agree with cansel button. I asked about it also.. Although you cant have a limit for a ship to enter ship market. It will confuse things further.

I suggest for a ship to be in Private Marina in order to sell it. If you remove it from marina the auction ends.

This might bring confussion with slots.. that why i suggest a new option to be created in Marina. "Sell a ship". In order to sell a ship you need at least level 1 Marina.
I'm here to listen, everybodys beliefs. What i'm expressing, is only my opinion. The name "Dragon" comes from the Greek "drakeîn" meaning "to see clearly".

Sir Colchian Niveus, first of his kind. The White Dragon, Lord.
Sir Colchian Niveus

Postby Meliva » Thu May 19, 2016 9:58 am

you misunderstand what I mean about 3 attempts. I am referring to 3 attempts of the SAME ship. as in lets say you put up a level 10 MOW for 99999 credits just to keep it safe. then you do it again some time later , and again after that. you would no longer be able to put up that same MOW due to you pulling it from the market 3 times. also making it to where you need a private marina just to sell ships would make selling ships impossible for newer or lesser players. we just need a way to prevent it from being abused. I think my idea works just fine, but I am a bit biased towards my own opinions.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 am

Even such a timer and a 3 time limit would make it work like an extended Marina. The first ships you wanna put in your marina, you probably won't be needing for a rather long time, so a 3 day limit means nothing. And when you grow, and DO get a marina, you can now put the ships that HAVE been 3 times to the market there, and put "new" ships for store in the market.

I think something else is needed. I can think of some alternatives, but I see weaknesses with all of them, unfortunately.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 10:05 am

I like Colchian Niveus' idea, although it has the drawback that it will make it impossible to sell ships until you have played a lot and gained a marina with several levels. That may be a showstopper.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Meliva » Thu May 19, 2016 10:13 am

I see your point. then maybe impose a fine to take a ship off the market? or maybe make it to where you can put a ship on the market one time, and if you take it off you can not put it back on the market again. or perhaps a combination of ideas would be best. but I do believe a timer should be involved. you can not take a ship off the market until X amount of days have passed. and maybe impose a hard limit on how much you can ask for. ive seen people asking for 1k credits for howkers on the market. so a limit on how much you can ask for would also help. this way you cant put up some ludicrously high amount and know it wont be bought.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 10:25 am

Well, I guess you COULD have a timer, and if the ship isn't sold within that time limit, it's automatically sold to the shipwright (for the standard gold amount) instead. That means you must be careful about selling really good ships, though. You'd really not want a 60 point SoL to end up at the shipwright.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Grimrock Litless » Thu May 19, 2016 10:25 am

Meliva wrote:you cant. place a ship on the ship market and all you can do is change the price or hope someone buys it. honestly they need to implement a cancel feature so a ship wont be stuck there forever.

If there is a cancel feature people can use it to store ships when under attack, which is op. So either they making so that after a set amount of time, you can sell it to shipwright instead.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Meliva » Thu May 19, 2016 10:32 am

ok I just had a new idea. when you put a ship on the market and it doesn't sell you can choose to sell to shipwright for standard amount. that way you cant store ships there, but if a ship you put on the market isn't selling and you want to get something out of it you can do that.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Haron » Thu May 19, 2016 10:35 am

Actually, even as it is today, the ship market can easily be abused by two players cooperating. If both players put up a MoW for overprice, they can buy it from each other if they ever need to release it. The drawbacks are the delay and the need to have lots of credit on hand, but still..
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Meliva » Thu May 19, 2016 10:38 am

that is true, but we need to remember, there will always be people who will look and try to exploit games whenever possible, best game dev's can do is make it hard for them to do so, without making it hard for the players who are playing fair. tough to strike a balance, but there should be an option to sell a ship on the market to the shipwright if you want to.
Meliva
Community Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Archives