Message in a Bottle - Edition #3 - Front Page

Message in a Bottle - Edition #3 - Front Page

Postby DezNutz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 am

Message in a Bottle Third Edition

PAGES

Message from the Editor:

Ahoy Avonmora, Bankers, Citizens, Traders, Privateers and Pirates!
February already! Edition #3. So far so good - thank you!

The month of St Valentine's Day and I hear that love is in the air...I asked Anne Bonny if she had any thoughts or anything to say about love. She just looked at me kinda weird, sighed and shook her head a little. She may even have rolled her eyes. Not sure. I looked to SilverShadow but he just continued to polish his cutlass.
So I contemplates for some time on a suggestion to write about love ...

Nope. Blank. Sorry. Might buy 2 buckets of deeply fried chicken n stuff and head over to to see the SeaHag.
(The biznz of love is just the same as maths to Argo )

UPDATE: By the time Argo caught up with Mel and offered to share her deeply fried chicken n stuff, Mel said she had already had more than her fill of old McDonald's beef (which she really likes) and mumbled that she just wanted to spend the rest of the day napping bc she is tired from chasing all those damn kids off her lawn! Oh Well...perhaps I can sell her the buckets!

So...after an overindulgence of said chicken, I gave it some more thought and this was the best I could come up with...

Put ye tankards down... or not... grab the nearest wench or scally, click the link and kick up yer heels ... Arrgh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugpTBrhWDss

MONTH OF FEBRUARY -
Speaking of feelings and sharing the love, much has been made this month on the issue of 'griefing' noobs. For what its worth listening to all the chatter, discussions and arguments a few things seemed to gel and make some sense. Or not.

The following are conclusions from said chatter and discussions, not necessarily the Opinion of MIAB. Just reporting the news here...

1) Often Noobs tend to buy themselves some fancy ships too early in the game. They do not have the experience nor the know-how to protect themselves and their fleets. (And there are thieves and pirates all over the place!)
2) Noobs can be sassy too and could sometimes come off as showing a 'lack of respect' . Depending on the crime, GMs have been known to step back and allow the lesson.
3) Loyalties, allies. the character you play, the character you target and friendships all play a role.

As 'Veterans' can and often do bring an ungodly flurry of voodoo in retal , it is common sense to learn a little about on whom you are casting...or not - Surprise lessons can be good too!

1) Opinion also seems to be that Guilds are 'failing to train' noobs and teach them self protection.
2) Each guild is different and employs different methods. So be it.
3) Importantly, the game is not a sprint. Building up from a solid foundation is key and where having too much too early can prove disastrous.

Sometimes newer players can find themselves indirectly involved in a battle merely innocent victims to another level of game-play by their elders or other guild/nation members.

Unfortunate but it does happen and that's often just part the game.

One young player expressed that their Guild's should indeed protect the them in these cases but said he would also liked to have been involved enough so he could learn and have the fun of participating.

It's a Pirate Game. Arrgh! Have fun!!

If you don't know...ask your Guild. Read the guild and hep guides. Ask a friend, ask a stranger. Or not. Or just go for it.

###### - MIAB would like to offer all / any players, GMs, Guild Members and Noobs to respond to the above. Should you choose to do so, as always, not only could it be helpful but we will publish verbatim (Maybe with a few " ****"s to substitute if necessary).

.. Finally, It is a well known fact in Avonmora 'MEANIEHEADS' live under the bridges in Slack. Slack is not a visible part of normal PG in-game play. It can be said to be a whole other world. Slack has its own rules and Moderators. The Meanieheads are at times called trolls and there are many more that lurk in the silence.

Slack is their playground.

Be warned. Anyone thinking of venturing there would do well to keep in mind it is their town. Arrgh!

Enter and engage at your own risk. Or not.

Happy Sailing, me Hearties!

- The Argonaut
Editor in Chief
MIAB
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Re: Message in a Bottle - Edition #3 - Front Page

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

nice cover :y
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Return to Message in a Bottle