Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: The Pirate Song

Re: Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: The Pirate Song

Postby Kangaroo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:04 am

Dejanira wrote:Today's clue about question nine: the album name is not exactly the same as the band name, but reminds it.

<sorry Roo, I have to edit your reply too. I'll consider your answer valid anyway>

-----------

<editing back, with answers in red>

1 A contest was mentioned but not enacted?

(nope, it was about George Harrison 33 and a Third)

2 103

(nope, a little more)

3 Yes/?

(half right, 1 point)

4 69

(yep, +3 points, total 4)

5Pass

6 50, became a favourites/suggestions discourse

(nope, good try but they weren't actually songs on air on the radio)

7 1812 Overture/?

(yep, half right, The Blue Danube, +2 points total 6, while the more recent was a 2020 cover in one of the last Issues)

8 Pass

9 Nirvana - Nevermind

(nope but nice try, Nirvana-Nevermind)

Pretty sure they are mostly wrong but 1 point for trying? :D

Nope :P but further hints, yes :D
Some people are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when you push them down the stairs
Kangaroo

Postby Dejanira » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:37 am

Tuesday morning I'll edit the posts back :)

In the meantime, one additional clue for question nine: it's not Nirvana not 2pac.
It is an album by a band that sings in English. Even if there were (and there are) American musicians, they formed in UK and they are usually named as British.
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Another clue (last one?). :arr

The album I'm thinking about was made by this band with a line up of people that never reunited again. The album is usually considered one of the most important album of that kind.

:chest :chest :chest
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 pm

And another one (am I going to be warned for multiple posting??) :o:

Lets refine the years range. Answer nine is an album published after 1960 and before 1990, but it's been recently republished (well, not that recently... before 2010). Hope this may help.

I haven't mentioned this band in any previous Issue, but I suggested something belonging to the same genre, which I like.
Dejanira

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Dejanira wrote:And another one (am I going to be warned for multiple posting??) :o:

Lets refine the years range. Answer nine is an album published after 1960 and before 1990, but it's been recently republished (well, not that recently... before 2010). Hope this may help.

I haven't mentioned this band in any previous Issue, but I suggested something belonging to the same genre, which I like.

No you won't be warned. Newspapers are moderated by the newspaper owner. As you are the owner of the newspaper, multi-posting by you would in most cases not be an issue.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Dejanira » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:20 am

Thank you Dez. So I'll post like a machine gun just to climb the chart ahr ahr!

Naa, I behave. Anyway...

Time ended. Give me a moment and I'll post the winners.

In the meantime the album I would never refuse to listen is In the Court of the Crimson King!
It wasn't about Bee Gees, nor 2pac, nor Beatles, nor Deep Purple, nor Fleetwood Mac, nor Nirvana.
It's been recorded and published in 1969 (after 1960 and before 1990) and its title reminds the band name, King Crimson, but it's not a namesake album.
It never appeared on Radio Image Bermuda but in some previous Issues appeared Greg Lake (one of the former artists, who left to form ELP) and some progressive songs.
It is by a band and not a single artist, a band usually identified as British even if they had and have American artists too in their line up, which changed many times.

Of course this doesn't mean I don't love as masterpieces many other albums (I started listing, but I had to edit as there are too many :D )

Cheers everyone. See you in a while for the highest steps of the podium!

:beer
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 pm

And the winner is...

Lana (#50727)

Second place for...

Kangaroo (#70596)

Third place for...

dmanwuzhere (#66793)

Thank you for competing in this
Bermuda Daily - Issue #100: Lend me your ears! Contest

:beer
Dejanira

Postby Lana » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Wow, I won!!! :P :P :P
So…. (wiping away tears of joy)… I would like to thank my mom who always believed in me and my tomcat Lucky who was patient and attentive while waiting for cuddling. I want to thank all of you dear forum users, because you exist and of course, you Dejanira for making this nice contest!
Pity, I didn’t guess your favorite album, but you have to admit I wasn't bad with my guesses. ;)
Cheers! :beer
Lana

Postby Dejanira » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Not at all, I admit that easily :)

And you mentioned your cat...
some time ago I was playing with the idea of a banner of the Radio and the idea included a cat too
xD
Dejanira

Postby Lana » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Tbh, I'm more of a dog than a cat lover, but Lucky was lucky ... I almost ran over him in a car while traveling. So I picked him up from the highway and from that moment he became my Lucky (Srecko). ^_^
Lana

PreviousNext

Return to Bermuda Daily