Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby DezNutz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:
Mack wrote:The gold bars just dont make sense when you cant possibly buy one and sell it at another port with atleast 1 coin profit!

Please provide examples. I do not see what you are trying to state or request.

Well technically he is correct. You can't currently buy 1 gold bar at a port, ship it to another and make a profit. Since the cost of buying a GB is always higher than selling and all the ports have the same relative GB amounts, you aren't likely to make a profit. For you to make a profit, you would need to buy a large sum of gold bars in at least 2 different port to cause the price to jump drastically enough to move those bars and make a profit.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby ChaIbaud » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:31 pm

That feature of the game is usable by all but best suited for those at the top of the spectrum. You can make a profit but, like Dez basically said, you have to invest a ton of gold in it. Also consider the Goldsmith headquarters option.
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Mack wrote:The gold bars just dont make sense when you cant possibly buy one and sell it at another port with atleast 1 coin profit!

with warehouse tycoon level 20 and 5 stack os india cards you can even make profits without duke bonus. for buying from akro and selling to psaral will give you approximately 40 gc profit for each crate. with duke bonus it will be 80 gc average. but without any kind of bonus you may not be able to make profit with simply buying and selling at present. all ports have similar price.
Mugiwara

Postby Maha » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:39 pm

i understand the problem, but what is the request?
Maha

Postby Mack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Maha wrote:
i understand the problem, but what is the request?

Im not sure of what to request, other than some sort of mechanism in place to where we can at least make one coin profit off of a gold bar trade route
ALL HAIL JESUS CHRIST! GOD IS KING!
Mack

Postby Shadowood » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Build a Gold Smith!
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Mack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I guess you gotta have several hundred million before you can effectivly trade bars... Thats the part that dont make sense!

I mean i could i got that, buttt why
ALL HAIL JESUS CHRIST! GOD IS KING!
Mack

Postby ChaIbaud » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Is it just me or does his English get worse every time he talks? Love ya Mack ;)
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby DezNutz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:25 pm

chal wrote:Is it just me or does his English get worse every time he talks? Love ya Mack ;)

They make decoder rings for that.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Stan Rogers wrote:

Please provide examples. I do not see what you are trying to state or request.

Well technically he is correct. You can't currently buy 1 gold bar at a port, ship it to another and make a profit. Since the cost of buying a GB is always higher than selling and all the ports have the same relative GB amounts, you aren't likely to make a profit. For you to make a profit, you would need to buy a large sum of gold bars in at least 2 different port to cause the price to jump drastically enough to move those bars and make a profit.

All other resources can be traded to any port (except same resource producing ones) at a profit : as GB's can be produced in any given port, and sold in any other, it would not be possible to have a profitable margin in all of them in the same way : I believe the admins dont want a situation where GB's can be traded back and forth on the same routes making a guaranteed profit either way.

I do agree that the 'spread' between buying and selling prices is too large, currently its about +/- 60 : so finding a spread between two ports giving more than 120 margin is pretty difficult, and thats assuming the ports are within reasonable sailing distance : add in that the dynamic pricing would mean any margins present before trading starts would be rapidly eroded by the act of trading itself, its nigh on impossible to comfortably set up a trading route and hope it lasts more than a few trips.

The only sure way is to make them yourself and ship them to profitable destinations : of course, that involves massive investment and then runs the risk of having them skirmished and lost. Really, trading GB's is a niche activity : stick to normal trading and it would probably be far more profitable overall and less costly to start up.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions