Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Malachi Constant » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:14 am

Get a guildmate or someone you trust to purchase it to clear the slot.

I have had to do this numerous times to free a slot.
Malachi Constant

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 am

Malachi Constant wrote:Get a guildmate or someone you trust to purchase it to clear the slot.

I have had to do this numerous times to free a slot.

That's only allowed if the other party is also interested in the ship. Using the market as a stash is a critical violation.
So, as long as it is a real trade, there is no problem promoting.

Asking someone to buy to get rid of the ship in the slot is mostly tolerated on really cheap ships (such as Howkers/Sloops/Cutters). Doing this because you have not got the price you were after is not an acceptable practice.

Finally, the worse form of market manipulation remains using it as a tool to pass ships to other players. There is a card for this: Commandeer. Using the market to pass any ships, either by using higher price or any other practice really, is prohibited. Especially MoWs.

I think it is time to release the full transactions history for the ships market, alongside with a report button. This will help us detect such transactions. Especially, anyone passed a MoW this way, expect to at least lose it (or its equivalent value), no matter how long ago this happened.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:57 am

IF sales cancellation were ever to be permitted, I think the best barrier to any manipulation is to make it so the ship in question cannot be returned to the seller, but must be sold direct to the ship-wright on the usual terms (70% of hull value) : in addition, a turns cost shoudl also be imposed as a administration fee, similar to the 3 turn cost to cancel a credits offer.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Malachi Constant » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 am

I've never stored war fleets or anything in market. I have put ships in that don't sell even at 1 credit and just sit there. Didn't realize I was running afoul of the rules in that sense.

Is there anyway to clear those non sellers out that are within the rules imposed to stop manipulation?
Malachi Constant

Postby Maha » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:25 am

DoS wrote:
Redjack02 wrote:Can it be possible to cancel a ship sale on the players market ?

I think the manipulation is very obvious.

1. This removes the need of a Marina. Why store in a Marina and pay turns to dock when you can store it on the Ship Market and it doesn't cost turns nor the need for building stuff.

2. In a time of war, this would be used all too often. People don't wanna lose their capital fleet and decide drop them all at Ship Market until the war is over. Too much protection.

is it ever suggested to sell a ship put on the auction to the shipwright instead?

e.g. noob tries to sell howkers on the auction and fill up his slots. after a month he realises that howkers won't sell and he sells these howkers to the shipwright. (for those with shipwright buffs the worst case shipwright is chosen) this will prevent manipulation.
Maha

Postby Redjack02 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:16 pm

My problem sole with the Ship market is putting the wrong ship there and i cant get it off the slot. Making it possible to sell such a ship to the ship wright would solve that issue.
Redjack02

Postby DezNutz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:23 pm

Maha wrote:
DoS wrote:
Redjack02 wrote:Can it be possible to cancel a ship sale on the players market ?

I think the manipulation is very obvious.

1. This removes the need of a Marina. Why store in a Marina and pay turns to dock when you can store it on the Ship Market and it doesn't cost turns nor the need for building stuff.

2. In a time of war, this would be used all too often. People don't wanna lose their capital fleet and decide drop them all at Ship Market until the war is over. Too much protection.

is it ever suggested to sell a ship put on the auction to the shipwright instead?

e.g. noob tries to sell howkers on the auction and fill up his slots. after a month he realises that howkers won't sell and he sells these howkers to the shipwright. (for those with shipwright buffs the worst case shipwright is chosen) this will prevent manipulation.

Haven't seen a suggestion for this specifically. I would create it's own topic and post a link to it on this topic. The point of this is to get the smaller requests noticed and pushed through; however, the request should still have its own topic.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Danik wrote:IF sales cancellation were ever to be permitted, I think the best barrier to any manipulation is to make it so the ship in question cannot be returned to the seller, but must be sold direct to the ship-wright on the usual terms (70% of hull value) : in addition, a turns cost shoudl also be imposed as a administration fee, similar to the 3 turn cost to cancel a credits offer.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby DezNutz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Danik wrote:
Danik wrote:IF sales cancellation were ever to be permitted, I think the best barrier to any manipulation is to make it so the ship in question cannot be returned to the seller, but must be sold direct to the ship-wright on the usual terms (70% of hull value) : in addition, a turns cost shoudl also be imposed as a administration fee, similar to the 3 turn cost to cancel a credits offer.

I meant as its own suggestion (topic). I knew the idea has been brought about previously.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm

Malachi Constant wrote:I've never stored war fleets or anything in market. I have put ships in that don't sell even at 1 credit and just sit there. Didn't realize I was running afoul of the rules in that sense.

Is there anyway to clear those non sellers out that are within the rules imposed to stop manipulation?

That's not really a problem as I said above. If the ship did not sell at 1 and you got someone to buy it, it is okay. Still, the best would be to sell such ships in bulk or add them to another deal with a ship on the market. You can do this from the Tavern as the more obvious you do such moves, the better for all. Here is an example: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2783

Generally, we are not too worried about any critical cases on the market. I just wanted to clear up our perspective in how we maintain it fair for everyone.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions