Mini Requests

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Mini Requests

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Maha's suggestion to be able to sell ships in the market to shipwright sounds EXCELLENT! Perhaps at a lower % though... 65% instead of 70%. Or 69%. Anything less than 70% :P
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Admiral Nelson » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:58 pm

It was Daniks idea though?...
Admiral Nelson

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Captain Jack wrote:Maha's suggestion to be able to sell ships in the market to shipwright sounds EXCELLENT! Perhaps at a lower % though... 65% instead of 70%. Or 69%. Anything less than 70% :P

That's why I also suggested a 3 turn 'administration fee' like in the credit exchange for cancelling an offer. But a lesser amount from the shipwright ( 60%) works too.
Last edited by Most Lee Harmless on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:03 pm

John Avery wrote:It was Daniks idea though?...

Danik indeed. I misread his post it seems.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Haron » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:11 pm

I refer to this thread about the ship market: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2110&hilit=Ship+market
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby DezNutz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Captain Jack wrote:
John Avery wrote:It was Daniks idea though?...

Danik indeed. I misread his post it seems.

I'm sure this was discussed elsewhere in a separate topic(s) by several players. The link from Haron is likely one of them.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:26 pm

You could add an element of jeopardy to the process : so, I have a ship not selling : I click on the 'shipwright' button which has magically been added to the 'edit price' option : the shipwright ponders, calculates, thinks of a number and halves it, and then makes me a one-time only offer : the offer can be anywhere between 10% and 90% of the ships value : I can accept or refuse : but a refusal often offends, so the magical 'shipwright' button now disappears and the ship stays on the market for ever more, or until sold.

I think that would add some zest to the notion : and discourage casual dumping of ships into the market in vain hope some-one will buy them, or if not, selling them to shipwright to make space for another.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Maha » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Danik wrote:You could add an element of jeopardy to the process : so, I have a ship not selling : I click on the 'shipwright' button which has magically been added to the 'edit price' option : the shipwright ponders, calculates, thinks of a number and halves it, and then makes me a one-time only offer : the offer can be anywhere between 10% and 90% of the ships value : I can accept or refuse : but a refusal often offends, so the magical 'shipwright' button now disappears and the ship stays on the market for ever more, or until sold.

I think that would add some zest to the notion : and discourage casual dumping of ships into the market in vain hope some-one will buy them, or if not, selling them to shipwright to make space for another.

i thought i was the proposer, but Danik beat me to it :) ; what matters is that slots can be cleared.

that it is costly is something we all agree on. to first suggest a price and then ask for conformation is unnecessary. that the sell price is variable is fine with me.

---
is it possible to provide a rough average time on the auction for the various ships.
(for less then a week in days, for less then a month in weeks and the rest in months)
if possible per ship level but a generic indication would prevent uploading unsellable ships already.
Maha

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:04 pm

I already see a very good loophole in this that can work miracles.

+1
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Malachi Constant » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:26 pm

i'm all for a way to remove ships, at penalty, from market to free slots. Some of those slots have been paid for and I want them earning their keep. Without it acting as a de facto marina for people to exploit.
Malachi Constant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions