Cancellation of Ship Sale

Old Discussion topics

Re: Cancellation of ship Auction

Postby Bigtea47 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:37 am

John jacob astor wrote:
Bigtea47 wrote:Probably the simplest solution would be to allow people cancel it at any time as long as are no bids. But any ships put on market are still in the port you had them. They just cant be controlled.

the problem with that is cheating. say i want to just store my SotL for a while. I put it on the market for an extremely high amount(one that nobody would ever buy it for). it sits there out of any harms way. no attacks, no skirmishes, no voodoo. if i can cancel the auction whenever, i can retrieve the ship whenever i need to use it and store it whenever i want. buy extra slots for the market and all of a sudden you can store all of your fleets to keep them out of harms way for as long as you want. it renders not only private marina useless, but other functions like voodoo are then suddenly much less effective

That's why i said the ship will stay in your port. So its still on you and things can be done to it as usual. The only difference is you cannot move it until you take it off market. ( not keeping it from harms way)
If ship is stolen or lost or whatever it will automatically disappear from market. If people bid on it, their bid will be returned with a message "ship no longer exists"
Instead of bringing something down, add to it to make it better.
Bigtea47
Mechanics Researcher

Previous

Return to Archives